Saturday 22 January 2011

A Town Called Malice

The song I've been listening most to this week is A Town Called Malice by The Jam. I first heard it when I was about 11, as it's on the Billy Elliot soundrack (one of my favourite ever films). As a timid soul, there is one line in particular that I really like:-

Stop apologising for the things you've never done


I'm not one to prophesise too much about lyrics, but this one always makes me feel better when I think that someone is pissed off at me. Weller's powerful singing voice and the cracking bassline always take me away from whatever worried little mentaility I've got myself into, and allow me to have three minutes of sheer joy, and I can't help but dance around like a madwoman - not dissimilar to Billy in the film (although obviously far worse - and not in the street)

No comments:

Post a Comment